Come learn the sport and fun of triathlon
Triathlon is a great sport for kids. By joining TCMTriSquad Juniors you’ll have access to qualified and experienced triathlon coaches to guide your child. You will receive information on local events along with discounts on triathlon equipment. Your child will be part of a healthy community of other Junior triathletes, training and racing together.
FREE CLINIC: Introduction to Triathlon / TCMTriSquad Juniors
Date: 9:00am - 10:30am, Saturday February 26, at Long Marine Lab, Santa Cruz, CA.
Bring: Bike (mountain bike is fine), helmet, runners, water bottle.
RSVP: Click here.
Add to Calendar: Google Calendar
Who it's for:
Any child between the ages of 8 and 18 interested in training for and racing a triathlon.
What we offer:
- Access to qualified USA Triathlon and SafeSport certified coaches to answer questions from both parents and kids on training and racing. Read more about Martin's experience running junior triathlon programs and coaches Crystal and Gunnar.
- A TCM Tri Squad team kit from Zoot triathlon along with a TCM Swim Cap.
- Opportunities for additional seasonal training programs and one-off skills clinics.
$150 yearly membership fee:
- Free Zoot Protege Tri Racesuit
- Free TCM Swim Cap
- USA Triathlon Club team affiliation
- Access to a Coach/Athlete Forum
*fee of $150/child can also be paid by Venmo @martin-spierings
Spring Training Program (optional):
$300 for 10 weekly 1.5 hour workouts:
- We'll cover all three sports in sessions in the Santa Cruz area starting at 9:00am on weekends from April 9th to June 11th, coached by qualified triathlon coaches. The program will culminate in a team race at the Tri For Kids in Herald, CA on June 12 with coaches in attendance. Groups of kids aged 8- 12 and 13 - 19.
- Older kids will also be encouraged to compete at the State Championship in L.A. on May 15 and all the kids will be encouraged to race at Tri For Kids which will be a coach attended event for the culmination of the program.
- A full calendar of Northern California juniors events can be found here.